Thursday, November 1, 2012

Little feet at bedtime

It's the little feet walking down the hall, long after they were put to bed.
Who could it be? And more importantly, which reasoning will they give for delaying bedtime this time?
Monsters?
Scary Noises?
Needing something to drink?

I love to see their little faces as they prepare to plead their case.
I firmly believe my children understand that there is a science about how to do this scenario successfully.
They were taught by their daddy.

"It's all in the way you present it" he always says.
They're quick learners.... Or great manipulators, the jury is still out on that one :)

When the feet run past my room straight to the kitchen, they get a quick response. Reminding them....water only.
It's just the day after Halloween and while a lot of secret candy consumption occurred. (I am sure of it.) it won't be happening at bedtime.

Two more excuses were used before I remembered I had forgotten to give them their nightly regimen of Lavender.

Now that I was sure I had resolved the reasons for the bedroom escapes..........One more set of feet.

"My ear hurts mommy"

Now, this I Can actually fix.
A little Basil, Lavender and Melaleuca, then safely Tucked in bed with mommy and daddy and quickly, the very tired mommy is the only one still awake.

Blogging.

Debating on how to move said child back to their own bed so I can actually sleep without getting kicked in the face 12 times tonight.

I love how quickly the oils solve most everything. A child that has always refused children's ibuprofen or other liquid over the counter remedies, has developed a trust in the oils. It is the first thing they ask for. well, it might be tied with the overwhelming need of bandaids. but, yes. Mommy has an oil for most things ;) Even the ear ache well after bedtime. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment